RCIA- Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
Want to be a Catholic? Come and see what the Catholic Church has to offer.
•Are you, your spouse, a friend, or an acquaintance a member of another faith tradition but worship regularly here at St. George’s?
•Are you experiencing God’s call in your life and seeking Baptism or full communion with the Catholic Church?
•If you are, please consider participating in the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults. The RCIA is an opportunity to explore with others what the Catholic Church has to offer. It is an opportunity, through a process of discernment and gradual conversion to become a full member of the Catholic Church.
If you are interested contact Fr. Felino Paulino at 206-722-7888. We would be happy to meet with you and provide further information regarding our inquirers’ sessions. All are welcome in this journey of faith. Come join us!
While the Catholic Church is the largest religion in the world, it is sometimes also the most misunderstood.
The beliefs of the Catholic Church and her beautiful teachings are consistent through the ages.
- We believe that human beings were created by God in love and that everything God creates is good and created out of love. While we have the capacity for sin, the Church believes in the dignity of the human person above all else.
- We also believe that goodness infuses all of God’s wondrous creation. All creation, made by God, reflects that goodness. Catholics see the world and its beauty, renewed by the Incarnation, as sacramental – speaking of God’s goodness and love.
- We believe in stewardship. Everything is given to us by God and our Catholic responsibility is to share our time, talent and treasure with those around us.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity, that God has revealed himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit – a communion of knowledge and love – has created us to share in that life.
- We believe in community and a living Church – believers are a part of the living Body of Christ and, as such, we are a reflection of the communal nature of the Trinity.
- We believe that God loved his creation so much that he became human in the person of Jesus to walk among us.
- We believe in the communion of the saints – models of faith who help us and guide us in our daily lives.
- We believe in Jesus’ crucifixion, death and resurrection, and we hope that one day we will rise to new life with him.
Becoming Catholic today means joining an ancient faith, deeply rooted in the teachings and traditions of Christ, that is filled with hope and vibrancy as we continue to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to all the ends of the earth.
What is RCIA?
The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults, or RCIA, is a communal process for formal initiation of new members into the Catholic Church. This process is a return to the formation of the earliest members of the Church in the first and second centuries. Click here to learn more about that process